Monday, July 9, 2012

Master Post: LGBTQ Teen Resources

Whenever I'm not researching customer service in public libraries, I'm researching diversity issues. The public library is supposed to be for every member of our communities, but we do not always reflect that in our services and collections. The particular focus of my research is LGBTQ resources for teenage library users. The reviews below are also found in my master reviews post, but I wanted all of my LGBTQ teen information to be in one place.

LGBTQ TEEN FICTION:
Hero by Perry Moore (review)
I Am J by Cris Beam (review)
The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth (review)
Pink by Lili Wilkinson (review)

LGBTQ TEEN NONFICTION:
Gay America: Struggle for Equality by Linas Alsenas (review)
GLBTQ: The Survival Guide for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning Teens by Kelly Huegel (review)

LGBTQ TEEN WEB RESOURCES:

MY RESEARCH & LISTS:
Megan's Top 10 LGBTQ Books for Teens
Increase Your Library's LGBTQuotient: Collecting across the spectrum (forthcoming research)

No comments:

Post a Comment