Thursday, July 26, 2012

YALSA Literature Symposium Stipend!

I just got the most exciting news - I was chosen for the student stipend to attend the YALSA Young Adult Literature Symposium!

It's in St. Louis, Missouri from November 2nd through 4th, and they have some amazing programs planned. The list of participating authors is very exciting, with names like David Levithan, Ellen Hopkins, and Brian Katcher. There'll be a lot of diversity-related programs and papers that I'm really eager to see, not to mention author lunches and getting to experience a bit of St. Louis! I will, of course, provide updates, news, and reactions from the symposium when the time comes. This will be a very valuable experience for me as a young library professional, and I am thrilled to have the opportunity.

I really needed this good news after a week of dealing with disposing of one dead (cursed) car and buying another one. Thank you, YALSA!

No comments:

Post a Comment